The Construction Accord
Become a participant
The Construction Accord sets out a framework for transformation of construction in Scotland. We're delighted you are thinking about taking part and welcome organisations and enterprises who want to become participants in the Construction Accord. This page provides information on the process.
First and foremost if you want to be a Participant you need to agree with the outcomes set out in the Construction Accord. As a Participant you may be called upon to make resources available to develop and implement the Transformation Action Plan which will deliver on the commitments in the Accord.
Participants can come from the industry or the public sector for example: Small and Medium size Enterprises, public sector clients, industry representative groups and larger companies, local authorities, innovation organisations, research and academic organizations.
Delivery of the vision and outcomes of the Construction Accord will require a high degree of support and commitment from organisations across the construction industry and public sector.
By becoming a participant in the implementation of Construction Accord your organisation commits to:
- Support the shared vision set out in the Accord
- Contribute expertise and resources when required to drive forward the outcomes set out in the Accord
- Act as an ambassador to raise the profile of construction Accord objectives and its achievements
- The Principles of the agreement to participate within the Construction Accord are outlines on pages 11 & 12
In addition to the commitments above, participation roles may extend to:
- Membership of Working Groups - An individual from an organisation can request to become actively involved in a Transformation Plan Working Group of their chosen interest, or
- Membership of the Short-Life Working Groups - A nominated individual from a organisation can request to become actively involved in dealing with specific topics/consultations/solutions arising from Working Groups
Participatory organisations are encouraged to support and endorse the Accord and the Transformation Plan through a range of activities including press events and social media.
To confirm your organisation's request to participate, please complete and submit the form and the Accord team will be in touch.
Participation is voluntary. Individuals from participating organisations are expected to inform to the Chair of the Transformation Board about any conflict of interests arising at any point during their participation in the Accord implementation.